1. Preheat smoker to 225F and prepare for two zone cooking.
2. Slice chicken breast in half and season liberally with my flabbyphoenix rub (Buy it here) .
3. Place on your favorite smoking wood. Smoke until chicken hits 145F internal temp.
4. Slice and deseed bell peppers and butter sourdough. Place both on a medium heat griddle or cast iron and cook until peppers are tender, and bread is crispy.
5. In a small bowl, mix mayo and pesto together and set aside.
6. Slice potato as thin as possible into straws. It may be helpful to use a vegetable peeler to cut the “slice” And then use the tip of your knife to cut this into straws.
7. Slice the onion thin and pull into strings.
8. Preheat deep fryer to 300F and in batches, fry both potatoes and onions until crispy. Remove and allow to sit on a paper towel for 2 minutes.
9.For the chicken breading, mix panko with ½ cup Flabby Phoenix rub and in a separate bowl, beat eggs thoroughly.
10. Remove chicken from smoker and set up three bowls for breading the chicken.
11. Begin by coating the chicken breast in flour, before coating in egg and panko mixture. Because the chicken will be hot, make sure the eggs are well beaten and you are moving it quickly through the eggs and into the panko, to avoid cooking the eggs.
12. Deep fry until chicken is crispy and hits an internal temp of 165F.
13. For best results, coat the chicken with the egg and panko mix again, before returning to the deep fryer until golden.
14. Assemble sandwich by adding a liberal layer of the pesto mayo and your favorite BBQ sauce. Place chicken cutlet and bell peppers and slice into individual servings. Serve with a handful of the potato and onion strings.