1. Preheat your smoker to 250 degrees F and place your favorite smoking wood. Like most recipes, I prefer cherry wood, but oak, hickory or pecan are all great.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese and Pigasus rub and mix until well combined.
3. Core and seed jalapenos, being careful not to spread the heat with your hands. .
4. Into the top of each Jalapeno, spoon enough cream cheese mixture to fill each jalapeno. Use the spoon to fill as much as possible.
5. In a large bowl, lightly mix the ground beef and sausage together until just combined. Be careful not to over mix or the meat can become tough when cooked.
6. Separate the meat mixture into 8 similar sized balls. Wrap each jalapeno with a ball of meat mixture. Focus on creating an egg shape with as much even thickness around all sides of the jalapeno.
7. Generously season all sides with Grim Reaper rub before placing on the smoker over indirect heat.
8. Smoke until the internal temperature reads 165 degrees F. Depending on the size of your mummy-Dillo eggs, this can take about 2 hours.
9. While the eggs are cooking, slice pastry into long thin strips like bandages. When the egg hits about 155F, remove them from the heat and carefully wrap the pastry around the eggs to appear like bandages. Place back on the smoker until eggs hit 165F internal temperature and pastry is crispy.
10. Five minutes before you take the eggs off of the smoker, lightly brush the eggs with BBQ sauce and let it set.
11. And that’s a wrap! Serve hot and enjoy!