Steps on using your leave in thermometer.
1. Identify what type of thermometer fits your need the best-Take a look at my other blog article HERE
to help with this.
2. Make sure thermometer is clean of any food material from previous cooks.
3. Identify where in the meat to place thermometer. Ideal placement is in the thickest part of the meat, or the center. Avoid touching any bones, or large pockets of fat.
4. Insert to correct depth indicated on the temperature probe itself
5. If using a thermometer which has a cable, make sure that probe wire isn’t pinched in the lid/hood of your cooker. Many cookers have a space where the thermometer can be inserted, without being pinched.
6. Regularly check your temperature to identify any issues early in the cook.
7. Once the cook has been completed, remove the thermometer, clean as needed and store in a dry, cool location.