1. Begin by trimming up your pork belly strips of any big pockets of fat that will be tough to render out while the pork cooks. Try to keep them as consistent as possible and trim so that all of the strips are approximately the same length.
2. Preheat your smoker to 250F and place on your favorite sweet wood. Cherry or apple wood is fantastic for pork, but any fruit wood will do.
3. Insert a wooden skewer into each pork belly strip until it is inserted at least 50% of the way into the pork.
4. Liberally coat all sides of the pork belly with your BBQ rub and place on your smoker. Cook until the pork hits an internal temperature of 145F, flipping once.
5. While the pork is cooking, make your candy corn glaze. In a medium sized pot, at a medium temperature pour the candy corn and maple syrup. Stir constantly until candy corn is entirely melted and the mix is smooth.
6. Add all remaining glaze ingredients, stirring until well incorporated. Let cool for 5 minutes before dipping each pork belly skewer in the glaze and placing back on the smoker.
7. Cook for ten minutes, to set the glaze.
8. If desired, crush up a bag of Chicharrons and role the pork belly skewers in the mix to add an extra crunchy element.
9. Let sit for ten minutes before serving! Happy Halloween!Print out the Recipe below if you're old school like me.