Japanese A5 Wagyu Beef Wellington 🥩 Full recipe below 👇🏽😍
Home Cooking Sessions:
1. Get a chateaubriand - We use incredible 400g cut of Japanese A5 Wagyu.
2. Season with sea salt, wrap tight in clingfilm, leave in fridge ~1h
3. Sear beef in hot pan ~45secs per side, set aside, brush with Dijon mustard - wrap again, refrigerate
5. Fry 1 diced shallot in 1tbsp butter ~2 mins, add 1tbsp olive oil + 500g finely chopped chestnut mushrooms - fry and cook off ALL their water (can take ~45 mins)
6. Once dark/dry, add 1 clove crushed garlic +
chopped rosemary/thyme, cook ~1min
7. Deglaze it and set aside.
8. Crepes: whisk 4tbsp AP flour, 1 large egg, 140ml wholemilk till smooth, then add ladle to med-heat pan with knob of butter and cook ~1.5 mins per side
9. Once cooled, lay down clingfilm, then two crepes, then duxelles
10. Smooth out duxelles to form even layer, then add beef and roll, wrap and set aside
11. Flour some clingfilm, add sheet of puff pastry, then the beef, brush sides with egg wash (2 egg yolks + milk), then carefully roll again till edges meet
13. Fold in sides, then wrap tight in clingfilm, refrigerate
14. After 20 mins, brush with egg wash, optionally place over lattice, season and decorate
15. Place into 185c oven for ~30 mins / until internal hits 125f - then rest for ~30 mins before slicing
This is alot of work, only for the brave, but a very rewarding dish. The beef was phenomenal 🙅🏽♂️
#steak #steakvideos #beefwellington #wagyu #reels #recipe #bbq #reversesear #reverseseared #barbecue #mediumrare #lowandslow #smokedmeat #texasbbq #beef #primerib #filetmignon #beeftenderloin #tenderloin ...