1. Preheat griddle to about 400F and oil liberally
2. While the griddle is heating up, grate potato and place in a cheese cloth. Squeeze out as much moisture as possible
3. Place potato on griddle and spread out to 1/8-inch thickness in a large square. Add more oil as needed and season liberally with salt and pepper on both sides as it cooks.
4. Cook until a crust has formed on the potatoes. This can take upwards of 30 minutes
5. Once crust has formed, slice the hashbrowns into squares approximately 3-4 inches wide. Flip and continue to cook until crispy and glassy. You will know when it is time to flip the potato, when it can be easily flipped, without falling apart.
6. In a large bowl, mix all sausage ingredients until just combined.
7. Form sausage into patties and place on the griddle. Cook on each side until juices run clear.
8. Remove the sausage from the griddle and allow to rest for a few minutes while you cook the remaining elements.
9.To cook your eggs, use egg rings if you have them, otherwise fry on a hot skillet. Season your eggs with your favorite seasoning. I used my El Chupacabra rub (Grab yours here) Erika please link.
10. Assemble your sandwich with a thick layer of your favorite barbecue sauce, a sausage patty, crispy hashbrown square and a fried egg.